So you’re thinking of renting a party tent for your event? Don’t forget the “small things” that make a big difference.
1. Flipflops: Set a nice basket of inexpensive flipflops in various sizes for those who may want to change their footwear.
2. Fire Pit: Don’t forget the wood and fire starter, and set the fire pit in a safe location.
3. Bug Spray, Bug Lotion: Offer inspect repellants in easy-to-find locations.
4. Hand Wipes: Leave hand wipes in various containers on serving tables
5. Sunblock, Lip Balms, Soap, Combs: leave a basket filled with nicely scented soaps, a few new combs, hand lotions and especially sunblock and lip balms. Don’t’ forget to leave a sign that offers the users to “keep” the item(s) they use.
6. Light It Up: Illuminate steps and steep paths, especially at night. Luminaries will do the job while adding to the festive atmosphere. And don’t forget to ask about lighting for the inside of the tent – consider chandeliers throughout the tent interior.
7. Netting: Use food nets to protect food from critters.
8. “Create” Musicians: Offer a basket filled with mariachis, kazoos, harmonicas, flutes and tambourines for an impromptu concert.
9. Branches: Using clear fishing line, string gravevines or interesting branches inside the top of the tent. Decorate the branches with crystals, large ornaments, small lights or tied ribbons.
10. Confessional: Set up a small tent with a rug, a video camera, poster board, a marker and leave instructions for “how to record a confessional.”
11. Bonus: Have Fun! Consider offering Frisbees, a water bottle, blow-up beach balls or bubbles for a little extra fun.